Since June 2005: Research staff (group leader, currently responsible for a team of 16 people) at the National Research Council (CNR)-Biophysics Institute, Milano (Italy).
Main activities: Protein expression and purification, chemical-physical characterization, 3D structural analysis, structure-based drug discovery and optimization.
Projects:- AIRC-MFAG 2016-2019. Grant nr: 17083. PI of the project
- SIR-MIUR (2015-2018). Grant nr: RBSI14C78S. PI of the project
- FIRB-MIUR (2014-2017). Grant nr: RBFR1309E. Scientific team member
- FP7: SILVER (2010-2014). Grant nr: 260644. Scientific team member
- FP6: VIZIER (2005-2009). Grant nr: 511960. Scientific team member
Education and Training
2006-2009 PhD in Molecular and Cellular Biology at the Department of Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology, University of Milano (Italy)
1998-1999 Degree in Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Florence (Italy). Final mark: 110/110 cum laude.
2003-2005 Scientist in Sienabiotech S.p.A. (Siena). Alzheimer's disease.
2001-2003 Fellowship in oncology within the 'National Program of Oncology Research' at AlfaWasserman (Bologna)
2000-2001 Yearly collaboration with 'Societa Prodotti Antibiotici' at the University of Florence.
More than 20 oral presentations or poster communications to national and international congresses
- 5 master degree students in Biology or Biotechnology, University of Milano (Italy)
- 3 PhD students in Molecular and cellular Biology, Department of Biosciences, University of Milano (Italy)
- 3 post-docs at CNR-IBF, section of Milano (Italy)