Personal web page of Piero Morandini
Piero Morandini is at present assistant professor (Ricercatore) in Plant Physiology at the Department of Biology, University of Milan.
was born in December 1962. After receiving a degree in Chemistry at the
As a side, but labor intensive activity, he collaborates with several newspapers, including Avvenire, Espansione and Tempi, for improving the public understanding of agricultural biotechnology.
Since moving to
* Detterbeck, S.; Morandini, P.; Bachmair, A.; Wetterauer, B. and MacWilliams, H.K. (1994). The "prespore-like cells" of Dictyostelium no longer express prespore genes: use of a labile reporter to distinguish current and past gene activity. Development 120, 2847-2855
* Manstein, D.J., Schuster, H.P., Morandini, P. and Hunt, D. (1995) Cloning vectors for the production of proteins in Dictyostelium, Gene 162,129-134.
* Morandini P, Salamini F. (2003) Plant biotechnology and breeding: allied for years to come. Trends Plant Sci. 8:70-5
* Beekwilder J, van Leeuwen W, van Dam NM, Bertossi M, Grandi V, Mizzi L, Soloviev M, Szabados L, Molthoff JW, Schipper B, Verbocht H, de Vos RC, Morandini P, Aarts MG, Bovy A. (2008) The impact of the absence of aliphatic glucosinolates on insect herbivory in Arabidopsis. PLoS ONE. 3:e2068.
* Menges M, Dóczi R, Okrész L, Morandini P, Mizzi L, Soloviev M, Murray JA, Bögre L. (2008) Comprehensive gene expression atlas for the Arabidopsis MAP kinase signalling pathways. New Phytol. 179:643-62.
* Morandini P., (2009) Rethinking Metabolic Control. Plant Science, 176:441-51.
doi:10.1016/j.plantsci.2009.01.005 (IF 1.79)
* Berri S., Abbruscato P., Faivre-Rampant O., Brasiliero A. C.M., Fumasoni I., Mizzi L., Satoh K., Kikuchi S., Morandini P., Pè M.E. and Piffanelli P. (2009) Characterization of WRKY co-regulatory networks in rice and Arabidopsis, BMC Plant Biol. 9:120 (22p.).
* Morandini P. (2009) Inactivation of allergens and toxins. New Biotechnology Jun 30. [Epub ahead of print]
(review from the proceedings of the conference organized by the Pontifical Academy of Science)
Curriculum in Biotechnology
* Plant Industrial Biotechnology
* Plant Physiology (as part of the course ‘Biology and Physiology of Organisms’)
* Public Perception and Communication (now inactive)
Curriculum in Biology
* Laboratory of Experimental Biology