This year SSPA will be focused on Advanced Analytical Methodologies in Chemical Drug Manufacturing.
The School will start on the morning of the 23rd September and finish the 25th of September.
The final program will be uploaded as soon as possible.
SSPA will start with a regulatory session chaired by Prof. Paola Minghetti, followed by four main sessions concerning identity, purity, strength and potency of chemical drugs.
International speakers who have already confirmed their presence include:
- Johannes Dasenbrock – Global Head of Analytical Development – Merck Serono – Analytical Development of New Chemical Entities – striving for efficiency
- Thorsten Herdlin – QC Manager Quality Operations – Merck Serono – A Quality by Design Study of an Industrial Fluid Bed Granulation Process
- Giovanni Boccardi – Istituto Ronzoni di Chimica e Biochimica, Milan, Italy – Impurities in pharmaceutical substances: classification and analytical strategy
- Giovanni Boccardi – Istituto Ronzoni di Chimica e Biochimica, Milan, Italy – Impurities in pharmaceutical substances: how to establish the impurity profile
- Koen Sandra – The Research Institute for Chromatography, Kortrijk, Belgium – Chromatographic methods for drug identity determination
- Roberto Teruzzi – Chairman of Farmindustria Contract Manufacturing Group and Member of Farmindustria Board
- Serge Rudaz – Université de Genève, Geneva, Switzerland – Methods validation with special discussion about selectivity and robustness.
- Vladimir Ioffe – Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd., Israel – Developing a multipurpose HPLC “methods package” for a small molecule project in innovative drug development
- Emma Quirk – Bristol-Myers Squibb, United Kingdom – Analytical Troubleshooting During Drug Substance and Drug Product Manufacture: Case Studies
- Andrea Perissi – Waters, Italy – Improvements using new synergic Mass Detector to UPLC systems into Quality Control & Method Development Laboratories